We look forward to your first visit.
That is when we’ll get to know you and your family, and when we will also get an accurate picture of your oral health. From there, we will mutually establish a plan for ongoing dental care – both at our office and at your home.
If your children will be our patients, we’ll get their information and get to know them as well. Ours is a family dentistry practice and we take pride in serving generations of families!
During the initial exam, our doctor and team will conduct several screenings that will allow us to assess your health, including:
- Periodontal screening
- Oral cancer screening
- Head and neck exam
- Occlusal analysis (your “bite”)
We will also take a full set of dental x-rays at this time to locate any tooth decay or infections in the bone. These x-rays will also help us evaluate the position and location of your anterior (front) and posterior (back) teeth.
Many times, depending on your recommended treatment or medical history, we’ll do a thorough cleaning during the first visit.
What to Bring to Your First Visit
- Your referral slip (if you have been referred from another professional)
- Any previous x-rays (if available)
- List of current medical prescriptions
- List of any current and previous medical conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.
- Medical or dental insurance forms (completed if possible)
Your first visit is the time for any questions or concerns you may have about your teeth and oral hygiene. Our team will spend as much time as you need to answer your concerns completely.
We will also provide you with complete instructions on how to properly care for your teeth and gums, including proper oral hygiene practices and appropriate eating habits.
Please call our office if you have any questions.