In most cases, dental insurance does not cover the full cost of treatment, and you will have some out-of-pocket expenses.
Westerville Dental Associates accepts a variety of payment options, including cash, checks and all major credit cards. We even take care of all the paperwork, including submitting your claims to the insurance company.
We can set up payment arrangements that accommodate your specific situation, if necessary. We never want patients to go without needed dental treatments because that can’t pay all at once!
Please bring your insurance plan information with you at your first visit. We’ll we answer any questions about what treatments are covered and what the best course of action will be.
- Dental insurance typically does not cover all costs of service, nor does it pay for every type of service performed.
- The remaining amount not covered by your insurance is your financial responsibility.
- The exact amount you may owe is determined by the dental insurance company after your claim has been filed. At that time, a statement detailing that information will be sent to you.
- Some dental plans require that a deductible be paid before insurance coverage begins.
- Most dental plans have a maximum amount per year that is covered. Once that limit has been reached, you are responsible for full payment of services until your plan renews.
For patients who qualify, we are proud to offer CareCredit, a special financing program that you can use to pay for all types of dental care.
Westerville Dental Associates also has a Dental Savings Plan for those who meet certain criteria and who are not using CareCredit.