Dental sterilization in our clinic
Your health and safety when visiting our clinic is our primary concern. Rest assured that proper controls and precautions for cleaning dental instruments, as well as dental sterilization are in place to protect you, your family, and our staff.
We take pride in providing you with the highest quality of care in the safest possible environment.
Ensuring your safety
Our staff is extensively trained in procedures recommended by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Their best practice recommendations are incorporated into our daily routine.
Our office utilizes the latest dental sterilization equipment, including dental autoclaves, dental sterilizers, and steam sterilizers. Using these machines to clean dental instruments kills viruses and bacteria with pressure, steam, and heat.
We ensure surfaces are clean and safe by:
- Requiring gloves and face masks for clients and staff
- Ensuring disinfectant hand soap and sinks are available throughout the office
- Using disposable materials when possible
- Cleaning countertops and surfaces with EPA approved chemical disinfectants
- Sterilizing equipment after and before each use
During your visit, you’ll see our best practices in action. Our clinical staff will be wearing disposable gloves and masks during examinations and procedures, which will be discarded after each use. Further, all surfaces in exam rooms will be cleaned and sanitized using EPA approved chemicals.
Use of disposable materials
Most of the materials we use are disposable, including gloves, face shields, masks, and gowns, as well as gauze, brushes, and floss. These items are safely discarded after every use.
Our staff is trained in best practices for handling disposable materials, ensuring they’re properly stored and disposed of.
Use of reusable Instruments
Dental instruments used in exams and procedures that cannot be discarded are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each use. The process below is followed to ensure the best dental sterilization protocol is followed:
- Clean – All instruments are thoroughly cleaned before moving to the packaging step. Ultrasonic cleaners are used, which ensure all germs, bacteria, and other debris are completely removed.
- Package – Once clean, instruments are wrapped in secure packaging prior to sterilization.
- Sterilize– Once safely packaged, instruments are sterilized using FDA approved machines, such as dental autoclave sterilizers.
- Disinfect – After every use, all machines and surfaces are thoroughly sanitized using EPA approved cleaners.
Once cleaned, packaged, and sterilized, all instruments are stored safely until ready for use by our team. This dental sterilization process follows best protocol practices and ensures that your only concern when visiting our office is the great smile you’ll have after your visit.
Our commitment to you
Your trust in our ability to provide you with the safest possible environment is of great importance to us. Our staff undergoes rigorous infection control in dentistry training to ensure the most current techniques are practiced.
Our procedures and systems are updated regularly following the direction of the American Dental Association and the CDC. Should you have any questions, just ask our staff. We’re happy to provide additional information about the careful steps we take to protect you and your family from viruses and infectious diseases.
We look forward to seeing you soon!